How to build an entire fuel system front to back.
The existing fuel lines in the Porsche 944 Turbo were old, ratty, and even damaged. The rubber hoses, since being 30+ years old, have a tendency to crack and leak as well. So it’s a good idea to replace it all, front to back. Check out the video below to see how we did it, or scroll further down for a quick step by step with full parts list and installation diagrams.
Part 1 of How to Build & Install Fuel Lines in The Porsche 944 Turbo
Part 2 of How to Build & Install Fuel Lines in The Porsche 944 Turbo
We started with getting all of the correct parts and fittings, here is a picture showing most of parts and fittings used in this install.
Products used in these videos:
Qty. – Product – Link
- 6ft. – 6AN Nylon Braided Fuel Line – https://geni.us/6anhose
- 6ft. – Heatshield – https://geni.us/5-8heatshield
- 1 – 5/8 Adhesive Lined Heatshrink – https://geni.us/5-8heatshield
- 7 – 6AN Hose End Fitting – https://geni.us/6anhose-end
- 3 – 6AN to 16mm x 1.5 Adapter – https://geni.us/6an-16mmx1-5
- 1 – 6AN 150 Degree Hose End – https://geni.us/6an-150deg-swivel-fit
- 1 – 6AN 45 Degree Hose End – https://geni.us/6an45deghose-end
- 2 – 6AN to 3/8 Tube Hardline Adapter – https://geni.us/6an3-8tubeadaptor
- 2 – 6AN to 5/16 Hardline Adapter – https://geni.us/6anto5-16adapter
- 1 – 6AN to 12mm x 1.5 Banjo Hose End – https://geni.us/6anbanjobolt12x1-5
- 3 – 6AN 90 Degree Swivel Coupler Fitting – https://bit.ly/6anto90degree6an
- 1 – 6AN to 16mm x 1.5 Adapter – https://geni.us/6antom16x1-5
- 2 – 6AN to 6AN O-Ring Adapter – https://geni.us/6ano-ring
- 1 – 8AN 120 Degree Push Lock – https://geni.us/8an120degpushlock
- 1 – 8AN to 18mm x 1.5 Adapter – https://geni.us/8antom15x1-5
- 1 – 6AN Fuel Filter – https://geni.us/6anfuelfilter
- 25ft. – 5/16″ Copper Nickel Fuel Line – https://geni.us/5-16cupronickel
- 25ft. – 3/8″ Copper Nickel Fuel Line – https://geni.us/3-8cupronickel
- Bosch 044 Fuel Pump – https://geni.us/bosch044pump
- Hengst H127WK Fuel Filter – http://bit.ly/hengst-fuel-filter
- Fuel Pressure Regulator – https://geni.us/fuelregulator
- Fuel pressure Gauge – https://geni.us/gauge
- Fuel Strainer and Seal – http://bit.ly/fuelstrainer
- Adjustable AN Billet Aluminum Wrench – http://bit.ly/AdjustableAnWrench
- AN Magnetic Vise Jaw Inserts – https://bit.ly/magneticvisejawinserts
- Grinder – https://geni.us/4-5grinder
Janky Fuel Rail Adapter Parts:
- Injector Extension – bit.ly/injectorhat
- 6AN Fuel Rail Adapter – bit.ly/fuelrailadapter
- 1/8″ x 2″ Aluminum Stock for Custom Plate – https://geni.us/clANL
After getting all of the parts needed for the job, we set up the old fuel pump and filter, we measured out the distance and relation between the pump and filter.
Once we had the measurements, we installed the adapters and fittings required on the fuel filter and fuel pump. We then mimicked the old fuel pump and fuel filter relation with the new Bosch 044 pump and filter. From there we were able to measure the length of the new 6an hose required for the fuel line assembly. More info on how we measured this in the video above.
We used a grinder to cut the hose as it melts the nylon while cutting. This prevents the nylon from fraying, which makes installing the fitting much easier.